Church and Dominican Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie with “The Last Supper” by Leonardo da Vinci
The refectory of the Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie
forms an integral part of this architectural complex, begun in Milan in
1463 and reworked at the end of the 15th century by Bramante. On the
north wall is The Last Supper, the unrivalled masterpiece
painted between 1495 and 1497 by Leonardo da Vinci, whose work was to
herald a new era in the history of art.